Friday, July 3, 2009

We're Here!!

After 2 long days of traveling we finally made it to Jeffrey's Bay! All of the flights went pretty well. On the first flight to Chicago I ended up sitting next to a guy who is the base leader for YWAM in another county (can't remember what one.. it was a long day haha) but anyways.. that was good to be able to talk with him because I was having a really hard time leaving. Our next flight to Washington DC was delayed 2 hours but went well after that. I was suprised that I was able to sit in my seat for the whole 18 hours! We ended up having to find our luggage after that flight and thankfully all of mine came! Both of the girls I was traveling with lost their luggage and are still waiting for it. The rest of the flights were good but very long. We finally arrived at the base around 1 am and moved into our dorm. It's not what I expected at all! My computer is almost dead but I will try to update this again soon! Maybe with pictures! Please pray that I am able to adjust to all of the crazy different things here. I miss my friend and family more than I ever imagined I would!! Thanks for checking!

2 comments:

  1. And you thought you were going to loose your luggage! (thats a "Jesus loves you" moment)
    And i think you told me that guy was from Thailand?
    but i cant wait to see pictures! i want to see your 'lovely room'
    MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you arrived safely. I'll be praying for you as you miss your family and your family as they miss you!

    ReplyDelete